Midnight of June 14 just hours after Aida Seisa threw a simple birthday celebration for her daughter, an unknown number of men from the 69th Infrantry Battalion shelled her residence killing three people and wounding one of Seisa’s children. Seisa is a well-known IP and peasant leader residing in Paquibato.
Confirmed dead were Datu Ruben Enlog, Randy Carnasa, and Garyo Quimbo – all of whom are farmers residing within the Paquibato District. Enlog was the leader of NAGKALUPA (Nagkahiusang Lumad Maguuma sa Paquibato/United Peasant Farmers of Paquibato). Randy Carnasa was a religious leader and farmer purok president while Garyo Quimbo played the guitar in his local church in Sitio Panulawan, Brgy. Malabog. All of them were innocent civilians.
Datu Enlog is the 44th victim of extra-judicial killings perpetrated by the AFP in Southern Mindanao under the BS Aquino regime. We know all too well that crimes like these often go unpunished – crimes against the very people BS Aquino claims to serve.
This climate of impunity must end.
Some three weeks from now, BS Aquino will be tried before an international court of the people – the International Peoples’ Tribunal (IPT) to be held on 16-18 July in Washington, DC. The tribunal will place the verdict upon BS Aquino and the US government as represented by Barrack Obama based on a number of cases filed before the international court.
Help us spread the word by supporting the IPT 2015 Thunderclap campaign. Instructions below:
1. Click on this thunderclap link: http://thndr.it/1B32Uti
2. You will be redirected to the campaign webpage
3. There are three options to support the campaign:
•thru Facebook: you will be asked to type in a custom FB post plus an automatic link to the campaign webpage
•thru Twitter: a default message will appear, but you have the option to edit the said message. You can edit the tweet, but make sure to always use the official hashtags #PeoplesTribunal #EndImpunity
•thru Tumblr: again, the default message will appear with a link to the campaign webpage. You have the choice to edit the message, just make sure to use the official hashtags mentioned above.
4. Once you’ve decided on what to post, click the “+ ADD MY SUPPORT” button. You can add support using all or a combination of the three available social media platforms.
5. A new tab will appear that will ask you to login to the social media account you choose to use as a channel of support.
6. Once logged in, authorize the thunderclap app.
7. A prompt box will ask you to type in an email address that will be notified once the scheduled post is blasted to the social media universe.
Help us #EndImpunity and hold the US-Aquino government accountable to their crimes against the Filipino people!
Angie M. Gonzales
International Coalition for Human Rights in the Philippines
Head, International Coordinating Secretariat, IPT 2015